Friday, April 13, 2018

The Traveling Quilt Begins

I decided that I wanted to do something fun with a few close friends.  
I came up with doing a traveling quilt. 
 I think I have already talked about it in another blog post.  
Briefly, each person makes a center and then you mail the center off and take turns 
adding to each other's quilts.  
I got a chance to begin my center last weekend.  
I showed you the geometric cat pattern I wanted to use but I wanted to make mine orange, 
like my beloved Jack.

You can see the background fabric I chose for my kitty. 
 It is a line done by Jodie Ric Rack for Ella Blue fabrics several years ago now. 
 I do NOT know the exact name but if you are dying to get your hands on some check ETSY.  
Last time I checked there was still some available there.

This is the neck portion of the block.


Here you can see how the head will be put together.


This shows his head and the paper next to it will be his paw (as you can see in the diagram).


I am hoping to get him all finished this weekend!


I still miss my Jack every day.  This will keep him always with me.

~XOP~


7 comments:

Ioleen said...

Love how this is turning out.

Ann Nell said...

Oh My Goodness ! This block is going to be absolutely beautiful. I can't wait to see all the steps as you go along.

Angie said...

Very beautiful! Awesome cat. Cool fabrics. Have a great day!

Roni said...

Your Jack is looking very good. What a nice way to memorialize him.

KaHolly said...

Awesome block! Jack lives on! This should be a fun round robin. I did one last winter and we had a blast!

cocoya said...

Nice choice of fabrics Finny - keep it up :)

RoyalRuby

Greg Prosmushkin said...

Great color scheme and patterns you chose here. Looks like your cat is enjoying the quilt as well lol. Always love checking out your quilt work, thanks for the share. Keep up the posts!
Greg Prosmushkin

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~