Monday, April 03, 2017

It's A Baby Shower!

I had the pleasure of attending a baby shower for one of my daughter's best friends on Saturday.  
It was a 2 hour drive to get to the shower but we had so much fun! 
 These are the people I am making the fish quilt for.  
I made a chenille blanket using MSU fabric for the back.  
I couldn't show it before, but I can now!
If you want to see how to make your own it is on my tutorial page.


I made a few burp cloths too. 
 I think I may put some of these in my ETSY shop.  
How much do you think people would pay for them?


Isn't she adorable!?  About 6 months along.  She is not very big yet!


 Hard to get a good photo with the light behind them.


Congratulations Kara and Dan!


On Sunday we went out the the farm to do some chores. 
 I collected over 7 dozen eggs!  
They are normally the size of the one on the left but look at that gigantic one on the right!!! 
I bet it has 2 yolks.


It's always nice to see my pretty boy Blu.  
I tried to get a photo of him with his tail up and fanned, but every time I got close he put it down. 


It's hard to believe it but we hatched him from an egg several years ago now. 
 He is a beauty!


If you have been here at all you have heard me talk about Beep, the pea hen that lives in the house.  Well, she laid her first egg this weekend!  
Right in my daughter's lap too!!!  


If you want to watch, my daughter got it all on video. 
 It's funny, she is just like other mamas giving birth.  
Scared and nervous and wanting her mom!


I hope you all had a good weekend too!

~XOP~


2 comments:

Alcea Rosea 31 said...

Wow I've never seen anything so cute, well done Beep and midwife.

Judy in Michigan said...

Not being much of a biologist, do you eat the eggs or will it hatch?? Will she continue to lay?? This is so interesting to an obviously city girl. Well done Beep!! Love the baby gifts - you sure had a lovely day for a drive.

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~