Friday, August 19, 2016

Finish It Friday

I see that Amanda Jean has taken the month of August off, so I will put in a link up for finishes.  Hopefully you will all have something to share!   
I can't promise that I will always have a finish, LOL but I do have a BIG one this week.  
I finally get to share the wedding quilt!!!  
My nephew (and Godson) got married last Saturday and this quilt was for him and his wife. 
 I used the same colors I did for the quilt I made his dad but added some Kona Snow. 
 I am so pleased with how it turned out!!


Here are a few close ups of the quilting.  Kathy from Thread Bear Quilting did a fantastic job!



Notice the little green and white bit on the binding.  The rest of the binding is charcoal.


Love this quilting!


I made the back all gray and then used up a few of the left over HST to make one colorful strip.
I incorporated the hand embroidered label in the strip.


I love how the label turned out!


Here it is all "wrapped" up and ready to gift.  



Ok so now it's your turn.  
Show us what your finishes are!  
If you click on the blue Inlinkz button you can link a blog post showing what you have finished.
(It is under my signature)
The link is active for 24 hours after I put it up.

~XOP~






6 comments:

Pat said...

Beautiful quilt! I love the color combinations and quilting.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Great finish. Love the colors and the quilting is fabulous.

Lynda said...

I love the look of this quilt but it would make me crazy to put together. I have such trouble with "unplanned" placements. I have no design wall so use the floor. This quilt would live on my floor for months while I stare and reposition, sometimes repeating - oftentimes repeating the repeats! Great job - it is more difficult than one would think!

Ioleen said...

Beautiful quilt and love the binding with the small bits of colour, very creative. Great idea to incorporate the label into the strip on the back.

KaHolly said...

All I can say is, "WOW!" This quilt is actually on my list, and getting closer to the top! Well done! The label looks fantastic! XO

Caniseetoo said...

I wanted to see what others had posted but the link is gone and you can't see anything. Will this happen every week? Is there only a limited time to see everyone's pieces?

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~